Puppy visits are available for your four legged friends that are not fully vaccinated and therefore not quite ready for the outside world. Just because unvaccinated pups are not ready for walkies yet it doesn’t mean they can be left for a whole day whilst their owner is at work.
That’s where we step in. Our puppy visits consist of:
- Arriving at the client’s home and letting the puppy outside in the garden. We do this first because pups often do an “excited wee” when stimulated, so in an attempt to avoid this we will not give them a fuss until we are outside
- We will encourage your puppy to go to the toilet outside using whatever prompt word you would usually use. After your puppy has been to the toilet we will give them lots of fuss, praise, treats or play. We will discuss with you at the meet and greet what key words you use and what rewards motivate your puppy
- If your puppy does not go to the toilet when let out, no problem – toilet training takes time! We will come back inside and check your puppy’s living area for any accidents, clean them up and check they have enough water and also feed them if requested. We will then spend time playing with your puppy and also reinforce any approved training you have been using with your puppy
- We will then once again take them outside to try for the toilet before settling them back into their living area, we will do this in the same way you do, reinforcing routine with your puppy
- Finally we will keep you up to date on your puppy’s progress with plenty of photos and an e-report card